Saturday, May 11, 2013

3D Teddy Bear Birthday Cakes

I was asked by my ultra-creative & crafty friend Shannon to make 3D teddy bear cakes for her daughter Merjen's birthday party. 


Shannon had the 3D cake pan for me to use.  It bakes the batter in the shape of this large teddy bear, then you pop it off like a shell and you have this adorable cake.  I actually have the smaller version and I used it for Kaycie's first birthday cake, too.

Since the teddy bears were large cakes and were relatively upright, I used a dense pound cake recipe so they would hold together well.  Shannon also asked for purple over sized bows, and we put one on each bear to match the theme. They were made out of fondant with a little bit of gum paste mixed in.

This cute little pair of bears was a hit with the birthday girls and her guests!




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing such great information.
    It has help me in finding out more detail about 3d birthday cakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the informative article! waiting for your next post.- 3d birthday cake.

    ReplyDelete