Thursday, February 21, 2013

Teddy Bear 1st Birthday Cake

My sweet little baby girl turned one last month, and for her birthday I decided to make my first tiered cake.  The bottom tier is 9" chocolate cake with a delicious chocolate buttercream that I found here .  After icing the chocolate layer, I took the remainder of the chocolate frosting and added dark cocoa to it, just to make it a couple shades darker for piping the borders.
The top layer is a 6" round while cake with vanilla buttercream, covered in purple fondant (also a first for me).  On top, is Wilton's mini 3D bear pan decorated with buttercream stars.


I also made teddy bear sugar cookies to match the cake and send home with each guest as a party favor:

The mini teddy bear cake topper also did double duty as the smash cake!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment