Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sugar Cookies

After years of testing and experimenting, I have found my own favorite (and in my opinion, perfectly delicious) sugar cookie & icing recipe combo. 

My cookies are thick and soft, not too sweet.  They hold their shape well when baked.  My icing is thin yet dries to a glossy hard finish.  It is very sweet and you can flavor it with the extract of your choice. 

For the past couple years, I have been using this recipe to make party favors for my girls birthdays.  My friend Lori asked me to make a special batch of my sugar cookies for her husband Steve, who has really had a tremendously awesome past 6 months and deserved a special treat for all his hard work. 

I knew Steve loves fly fishing, so when I was searching through my cookie cutter collection,  I found this never-before used cutter and knew it was the perfect one!

I had some fun with this arrangement.  I delivered them today and he was really grateful!

Fish sugar cookies

 
Fish sugar cookies
 
For my local friends, I can make large sugar cookies for you too! $1 each for order of 1 dozen or more (1 color). If you would like them individually bagged they are $1.25 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment