Sunday, April 7, 2013

Mermaid Birthday Cake


I have to admit, this one may be my new favorite.

My Bonus Niece, Aurora, had her 10th Birthday party today.  I made her a mermaid cake to fit her pool party theme.  I had NO idea how cute and extra adorable this cake would turn out...
 
After icing the cake, I combed the edges with a wave to give the ocean vibe.  I went ahead and did the borders first off, too--big swirly waves.  

 
 
 Later, I added the little ocean life. like plants, starfish and coral.  I have to give credit to this beautiful cake I found when searching for inspiration...I loved the sea life idea and had to try it.  I also got the idea to do her hair with the grass tip, perfect!
 
 
 
For the mermaid's fin, I used dimensional dots that I just smeared upwards and layered on top of each other.... perfect scales!  I will have to remember this for fish, too!
 
 

Happy Birthday Aurora!

3 comments:

  1. This is super cute!! All your cakes look awesome but I particularly like this one. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mary, this one is one of my favorites, too :)

    ReplyDelete