Friday, March 1, 2013

Wilton Course 3 Final Project - Pink Rose Cake

I finished Wilton Course 3 last night, which focused on using gumpaste and fondant.  It was a great class and I learned many helpful things that will be so useful.  For the final project, I created something that's my style....a fancy little pink cake covered in fondant with a mound of gumpaste roses on top.  For the bottom border, there is a gumpaste ruffle around the base and an "eyelet" lace border wrapped around the bottom of the cake. 
I enjoyed learning to make the roses, mums, daisies and calla lilies in this course.  Enrobing a cake in fondant, on the other hand, is going to take a lot of practice before I am comfortable with it....but I did learn a lot of tricks in this class which I think will make a HUGE difference.
I am really happy with the way this little cake turned out and look forward to getting more practice with fondant.



No comments:

Post a Comment